title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

22 April 2008

::double the pleasure::

Hello dear readers, I am back! It has been almost a month since my last post. As Architectdad reminded me earlier today, I owe you an explanation.

About two months ago, I found out I am pregnant again! As those of you who have already had a child, the first OB appointment is usually not until Week 8. During our first visit, I had some blood drawn so the lab can check my pregnancy hormone levels. The doc said he would call me the next day to discuss the results. When he called, he told me my levels are really high and that I should come in for an ultrasound immediately. Of course, that freaked us out a little bit, to say the least.


As we waited on pins and needles for the radiologist, all sorts of thoughts ran through my mind. For instance: "Am I too old to have a normal pregnancy???" As the radiologist prodded me with the internal ultrasound, I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. The next thing I heard was: "No wonder your hormone levels are so high; you have two in there!" Imagine our shock. All I kept saying was: "How is this possible?!" I found out later that fraternal twins run in my father's side of the family. Something you'd never think to ask your parents...

So...needless to say, I have been twice as exhausted and twice as nauseous. This is why I have not been able to post regularly to the blog. The twins will be born late October/early November, but hopefully I'll be able to keep up the postings until then. We had our 12-week ultrasound today (I have to get one every 4 weeks). The babies are healthy and right on track. Yay!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying lovely spring weather!!!

6 comments:

Blogger User said...

Oh my goodness! What a surprise! Congratulations from me, Eric & Benson ... Hope you are enjoying this lovely, lovely weather too. Take care and keep us posted --

Doris said...

What wonderful news! And what a huge surprise!

The number of binkies will equal the number of noseprints.

:)

Anonymous said...

congratulation joe - and husband!

i just want to set some ground rules - the following names are off limits: sonny, rico, crockett, tubbs - i got your number mr. B.

if 3 is too many, you can send o to brooklyn!

Anonymous said...

We are, of course, more than thrilled for all of you -- pooches included! And we can't wait to help out in every way possible:) Vickie, Maxime & Mr. Dan

jennymcflint said...

Twice the shoes, twice the bibs, twice the sleep! Or does that make half the sleep?

Either way, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I still check your fantastic blog and was concerned when I did not see any postings recently... now I know why! Double congrats from Allison, Eric, Sam and Fenway