title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

24 March 2013

:: Project Life 03.24.13 | {currently reading} ::

My daughter, O, currently attends a Mandarin-immersion school. We are so glad to be a part of this wonderful school & community. As parents, we are asked to volunteer our time to the school. Since I'm one of the very few parents who is fluent in Mandarin Chinese, I volunteered my time as a mystery reader for some of the classes. It still amazes me how 6-year-olds, with no background in Chinese could converse with me without an accent. More amazingly, they are able to read at least 100+ characters! The young mind is such a marvelous thing.

No comments: