title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

28 February 2008

::forget about it::

I just started reading a local parenting online forum regularly. It opened my eyes to a variety of parenting topics and diverging points of view. It has also reminded me to respect everyone's parenting style.

I'm a stickler when it comes to sleep schedule. For us, a regular sleep schedule has worked out extremely well. However, to others, it may seem a little too rigid. That's ok. Different strokes for different folks!

Personally, I cringe every time I see a school-aged child (5+) being pushed around in a stroller by a parent. I used to think: " OMG, that is ridiculous! That child should get up and walk!" The truth is, I don't know the specific circumstances, so I shouldn't judge. Dirty looks are just as bad as if you were to verbalize your dismay directly to another parent. Maybe worse.

Certainly, if you are an unfortunate witness to child abuse or neglect, it is your duty to report such incidents to the governing authorities. Otherwise, forget about it! Not everyone has the same priorities....be kind to your fellow parents...

Just my two cents...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a style point of view, i can tell you how difficult it was growing up with design-savvy parents. My friends with traditional households - you know cream carpeting and beige balloon valances - teased me incessantly for growing up in a "clown" house. they teased me about my clothes and none of them wanted to come to my house cause it was so bright. my room was italian mod - acid yellow, chrome, plexi, gloss white - you get the point. But I wish someone would have stepped in and reported my parents. I cannot go to a circus or see a woman on the street wearing colors brighter than sky blue without reliving my childhood and having an emotional meltdown. Now, all I want to do is go home to the beige serenity of my cream colored room - I still live with my parents but when i turned 40 they let me paint my room off-white. so while you should be kind to your fellow parents, i firmly believe you should call the authorities when clown colors are involved.

Leslie C said...

Hilarious! Poor Miss O......