title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

12 March 2010

:: dino apps ::

I've had my 1st Generation iPhone for about 3 years now (although I've had to replace it twice during the first 6 months). It still works fine and it suits my needs. However, after playing with architectdad's iPhone 3GS, I decided it was time to upgrade.

Important new features for me: 1) video recording function 2) sending/receiving photos/videos with text messages 3) more memory for music, photos, videos and movies (8G vs. 32G). Also, I started downloading apps for O in order to keep her busy in case I'm in a bind (thanks for the intro, babysitter B!).

With her current fascination with all things dinosaurs, I searched for apps that include dinosaurs. A couple of her favorites are: 1) Dino Mixer (mix and match dino heads, body and tails) 2) Dino Match (memory game with 20 dino cards). There is also a neat app from IDEO called Balloonimals that allows your toddler to blow up a balloon, shake it, and voila! -- a balloon animal (T Rex, unicorn, dog, crab, kangaroo and joey, fish) that reacts to a finger's touch. I also downloaded toddler spelling, geometry and puzzle apps that O loves.

There are some really good kid apps that are completely FREE, but they are usually a "lite" version of the full version. The full version costs between $0.99-$2.99/app -- not bad at all.

No comments: