title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

04 March 2010

:: ruh roh ::

I can't believe this. After many months of absence, my first post upon my return is about strollers. It's a problem and I think Baby Jogger has finally found the solution to my neurosis.

I -- along with thousands of Bugaboo parents -- have been b*itching about Bugaboo's inability to produce a double stroller. How many times have you Googled: "Bugaboo double stroller"??? When I found out we were having twins, I think I must've checked the Bug website at least once a week!

Ok, so I'm not really a fan of Baby Jogger City strollers -- although I've heard that they are super easy to fold and transport. However, The City Select stroller has captured my obsessive attention. This Bugaboo-look-alike can be configured into 16 (!) different seating combinations for two children of same or different age(s). I wish they had this stroller when the twins were infants, because it can be used with two carseats (although not two bassinets). The City Select second seat kit is the same size as the first seat -- unlike the P&T and the Uppa.

I think I'm still in shock. Time to hit craigslist. Anyone need a Mountain Buggy Double, or Maclaren Twin Triumph, or P&T Vibe with doubles kit?!?!?! Ahhh!!! The City Select is not available until April/May...plenty of time to unload the other strollers :-) At $499 + $170 (second seat), it is not bad considering its versatility. Architectdad, please don't freak out...I promise I will consolidate and you'll be happy in the end :-)

:: UPDATE ::
In an attempt to convince myself that this is a good idea, I went to a local store to test drive the City Select. I've got to say, it is not what I expected. It is NOT as smooth as the P&T's Vibe. --the 8" front wheels wobbled considerably when I made sudden turns. The wheelbase is MUCH longer than I expected -- with two full-size seats attached, it felt like I was pushing my big ol' double snap-n-go again! Also, I would not get two different color seats (comes in black, red, off-white) -- it makes the stroller look piecemeal and cheap.

Needless to say, I am not sure I like this stroller enough to have it join our fleet of strollers.

1 comment:

Architectdad said...

I welcome any opportunity to streamline our stroller collection. Even if that means buying another stroller!