title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

13 May 2008

::BPA or no BPA::

Geez...are you as confused about the whole BPA controversy as I am??? Doris, if you are reading this, could you please give us your educated (chem eng) opinion and shed some light on this matter?

In any case, if you would rather err on the safe side, there are plenty of BPA-free products out there for you to choose from. You are probably pretty familiar with the Born Free line of products. My only gripe with the BF bottles is that the silicone sippy spout craps out after a couple of months of use and starts to leak everywhere. Spilt milk is NOT pretty...SMELLY!!!

Another brand of BPA-free bottles is Green to Grow. The brand only offers baby bottles--no changeable sippy spouts available. Think Baby, on the other hand, offers both baby bottles and sippy cups. Best of all, you can wash the TB bottles in the top shelf of the dishwasher.

My favorite, is The Safe Sippy stainless steel drink cup. This cup is so high-tech I don't know what to do with myself. From the straw-shaped sippy spout, to the stainless steel cup, to the thermo plasticized rubber (TPR) sleeve...it is truly unique. O is definitely gettin' some of that!

1 comment:

Doris said...

Hi sweets!
It is true that bisphenol-A is a bad, bad thing and that you want to minimize your exposure to it. However, I think the biggest risk comes when you heat up milk or food in a container with bisphenol-A because the heat releases the free molecules from the plastic and puts it into your food. So if you are drinking cold water out of a nalgene bottle, I would say no sweat, go for it.
I would try to avoid heating milk in a baby bottle for the little ones.
Hope you and your little ones inside and outside your tummy are well. Much love to the family.
Doris