title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

14 May 2012

:: exercise #11 results {people skills} | 30 people pictures ::

My most vivid memories of my mom always involve her sewing (my dresses), knitting (my stuffed toys) and drawing/painting (my BROTHER's art projects). She was a high school teacher back in the day, so we had her all to ourselves after school and during the summer.

To this day, I still bring my clothes to her for mending. I know enough to make small repairs, but nothing like the magic mom could do. Now when my children's clothing or stuffed toys "malfunction", they automatically put the item(s) in their backpacks so they can bring it to Grandmommy's house for mending.

For this week's People Pictures exercise & for Mother's Day, I decided to take some portraits of my mom. I wanted to make sure I document this important memory for me and my children. To set up the shoot, I asked mom if I could take pics of her while she helps me alter O's dresses. We chatted casually the entire time (about 15 minutes), and I think I've captured what are most important to me -- her generosity, her perseverance and her love of family.

Seeing her with my little ones warms my heart. I'm so glad my children will have the same fond memories of my mom that I had as a little girl.

Happy Mother's Day to the most amazing mom and grandmommy in the world :-) We love you!!!

No comments: