title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

27 October 2007

::ole'::

The day started out as rainy and dreary; but by noon, the sun finally came out (after a week!) and the sky cleared up. The rest of the day was gloriously autumn. Since architectdad had to work overtime today, I took O out around town by myself...on the subway.

We first visited the new Zara flagship store. I was super curious about the Zara Baby and Zara Kids lines. They did not disappoint. I am impressed by the selection and quality of design. Best of all, it's affordable! I know I'll probably get a tongue lashing from Uncle M about this, but I bought O an orange patent trench coat. Yes. That's right.

Our shopping extravaganza made O really tired, so she fell asleep in her stroller soon after she finished her lunch. In turn, we missed a b-day party which we promised we'd attend. Sorry J and K! I wanted O to take a nice nap, so I zipped her up in the Bugaboo footmuff and we were off to the museums. What a beautiful day to be walking around our nation's capital.

Since I had to keep moving so she'd stay asleep, I walked all the way to the National Botanical Garden. There were many courtyards and gardens along the way, which made the long stroll worthwhile. O woke up while we were in the rose garden of the NBG. She loooved the flowers and trees, couldn't stop pointing at them and touching them. Good news for Puo and Gong, for sure ;-)

2 comments:

Doris said...

Oh My God. There is a Zara somewhere near here? I must investigate. When I was in Singapore I was tempted to purchase a gold lame dress. Hmmm. It was beautiful yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Is the orange trench coat biodegradeable? If so, i say hurray!