title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

04 October 2007

::upward mobility::

As O starts to discover her physical capabilities, I have stretched mine to the limit. Since she is always on the floor now, I vaccum the entire apt EVERYDAY (NOTE: I LOVE MY DYSON VACCUM). It may sound crazy, but like most babies, O is able to find the most minute scrap of potentially dangerous objects and stick it in her mouth.

Also, chasing after her is whole new experience. I used to be able to sit her down and do some housework while she's playing with her toys. Now, I have resorted to vaccuming and doing laundry only during her nap times. If I can't get something done during those times, it will have to wait. Although, the high chair has come in handy. Just strap her in the high chair and give her some cheerios and sippy cup, she is set for a few minutes.

Sooo...along with the increased mobility, comes babyproofing. I still cannot believe we are already at that stage! Since architectdad is super busy at work, we've decided to hire a service,
Safe Start Baby, to assess the apt and install child-safety devices. V suggested it months ago, but I kept putting it off thinking O is not there yet. Well, once she started crawling, she wants to learn how to fly.

If you have the time and would like to babyproof your domicile by yourself, you can certainly purchase the devices offered by the service and install them. Most baby superstores have a decent selection of products as well.

My only advice is this: babyproof before your baby is actually mobile. Because once they start crawling, they WILL get into every nook and cranny of your house. If your house is already babyproofed by then, you can allow your baby to explore without constant worries.

No comments: