title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

12 May 2013

:: to all mothers ::

"Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own."

~ By Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons ~

No one told me how hard it was going to be. No one told me how it would take over my identity so completely. No one told me how fellow mothers will be there to support me with compassion, while others (moms and those without children) will be there to tear me down with self-righteousness.

I learned. I learned through trial and error. I learned through the purest love that one could give and receive. I learned to trust my instincts and to trust that I know my children best. I learned that raising responsible children sometimes means being the least popular person in the room at a particular moment. I learned to withhold judgement on other mothers, for I have no understanding of their true circumstances or hardship.
Be kind to yourself on this Mother's Day. Be supportive to the mothers in your life. Be assured in your heart that you have the best intentions for your children. Be the confident and independent individual that you want your children to become.

Wishing all of my beautiful compadres the happiest, happy Mother's Day!




No comments: