title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

20 June 2007

::solid food accoutrement::

I spent the day driving around the suburbs with O. The first leg of the trip wasn't bad at all; we visited O's Auntie N at her new store, Roots Market. It's similar to Wholefoods, but better. They even sell gDiaper refills! I bought O an organic diaper rash cream by Badger (the added solid food is irritating her bottom, we think), as well as some organic fruit jars by Earth's Best.

Unfortunately, Roots sold out of the gDiaper refills, so I had to go to another organic market to buy them. I then spent 2 hours wondering around in the baby super store, looking for "solid food" accoutrement. O was pretty good while we were in the store, but she cried the entire way home. I thought I was in my personal hell. She wasn't wet or hungry, just thought I'd abandoned her. Can't wait for her to be large enough for a front-facing car seat!

Nevertheless, I did come away with a couple of cool things for O. I bought her a couple of sippy cups by Nuby so that she can starting learning to drink by herself. This brand is made by the Belgium-based company, Luv n' care. Super cool bottles with clear silicone non-drip spouts. Best of all, each bottle comes with a nubby nipple and spout, plus detachable handles, making it convertible for newborns through 6+ months.

I also bought O a couple of teethers by Combi. The 4-month teether is designed to ween the baby from a binkie, while the 6-month teether is designed to stimulate the front teeth and encourage chewing. They are super cute, to boot!

Now that architectdad and I have taken a long walk with O and the beagles, everything in our world is right again. I'm ready for tomorrow!

No comments: