title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

24 June 2007

::land of the rising sun::

Ever since I was little, Hello Kitty has always been my favorite cartoon character. Although, at this point, she is more like an empire, with her own Hello friends and product line that could put Mickey and Minnie to shame.

In terms of design and architecture, Japan has always been a step ahead. Tadao Ando's Water Temple is one of my favorite buildings of all time. It comes as no surprise that Japan has some of the coolest children's clothes as well.

Brands such as Makie, Miki House and Chigo bring us sweet children's apparel that are fun, with a hint of Asian influence. Makie has a storefront in NY's SoHo on Thompson street, but it is a little more difficult to find Miki House and Chigo products. I have seen them in higher end shops, though. But don't you just love the faux bois bibs?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Miss O have the Fukasawa for Driade set in orange? Let me know. U.M.

Leslie C said...

Hmmm, no she doesn't. I think she could use it, since she is starting to eat semi-solids now.