title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

18 June 2007

::old friends::

Today, O and I had lunch with my high school friend, Doris. It is so nice to catch up after 17 years. She, of course, looks exactly as I remembered her...good Asian genes, I think ;-) In the evening, we met E and S at Starbucks. O and S are beginning to interact in a meaningful way. How exciting!

Doris said she remembered me as an artist. Seriously, I can't even remember the last time I drew or painted for fun. Sure, I used to draw everyday at work, but nothing for my personal pleasure. Recently, I started making things with my sewing machine. Dog collars, leashes and baby related accessories. Nothing fancy, yet, but I'm trying. My mom is the best amateur seamstress in the world, too bad I haven't learned much from her.

I've also started designing graphics which I can then transfer onto plain onesies and t-shirts for O. For best printing results, a lot of designers actually use base stock from American Apparel. In addition to adult products, AA also offer products for kids and babies. Select styles are available in organic cotton as well. Their products are all made in the U.S.A. (downtown L.A.) in sweatshop-free factories. As a result, both the quality and price are slightly higher than the run of the mill T-shirts.

Thanks, Doris, for coming into town to meet us...I promise the next time we'll visit you and your family in your neck of the woods ;-)

No comments: