title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

27 February 2012

:: WARL 02.26.2012 | washington dc pet photographer ::

Monday's post is usually reserved for our "People Pictures" exercise results. However, since I have had to scramble to find a film camera & appropriate film, I will post my results as soon as the photos come back from the printers.

Instead, as a trade-off, I am posting photos of animals from the Washington Animal Rescue League. I volunteered my services yesterday and had a blast playing with the adorable temporary resident dogs & cats. If you are looking for a new animal member for your family, please check out these animals and MORE at WARL.org.

Pimlico | his ears REALLY are like that!
 
Dr. Seuss and his brother, Barbalootz | big, squiggly (notice the motion blur) furballs with unstoppable energy

Nazzim | this guy was a perfect little model

Francesca | this chunky monkey is incredibly sweet and loving

Bronco & his pitbull mates | I wanted to take this whole lot home!

I love taking photos of cats -- they are so elegant and graceful, such natural posers

Another beautiful cat strutting his/her stuff

A WARL adoption volunteer cuddling with a VERY affectionate cat. This cat literally jumped onto my leg and stayed there while I squatted down to take some pix of his compadres!
For more photos from yesterday's volunteer photo session at WARL, please visit my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/binkiesandnoseprints

Happy Monday!!!

3 comments:

leslie said...

Leslie, these pictures are so beautiful. You seem to capture their personalities. Have more animals been adopted because of the pictures?

Leslie C said...

Leslie, a lot of the animals I photographed last time have found a home or have applications pending. The turnover rate is really good at WARL regardless, but I'd like to think that I am helping to speed it up even more :-) I'm really very impressed by this shelter for their dedication and organization.

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet!