title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

23 April 2012

:: exercise #10 results part 1 {reflections} | 30 people pictures ::

Reflected images are really quite interesting. The added dimensionality makes them surreal...a little bit of "Alice in Wonderland" almost. What I see in the reflection goes beyond the mirror-like surface. Instead, I see past experiences, current thoughts and future unknowns -- a focused image of self-consciousness surrounded by swirls of internal subconsciousness. Sounds a little psychedelic, but sure beats agonizing over the acne blemish planted in the middle of my forehead :-)

As you've probably guessed, I LOVE iPhontography (or is it iPhonography???). It's instant gratification for the visually obsessed. So for this week's exercise, I am using my iPhone and Camera+ app, instead of my 50 mm. Here are some images from our visit to the "Suprasensorial" exhibit at the Hirshhorn this morning.



Requisite stop.











This one is not a reflection (as hard as I tried to get a shot of my shadow bathed in this incredible neon), but thought it was a cool installation nonetheless.


Dont' forget to check out the brilliant works of my fellow photogs:

No comments: