title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

03 April 2012

:: exercise #9: your portrait | 30 people pictures ::


SPECS
  • Goal: Develop empathy for your photographic subjects. Learn from experiencing how another photographer works.
  • Tools: Journal to record your thoughts & reflections.
  • Light: Light or available light.
  • Location: Indoors or outdoors.
  • Theme: THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LENS.
  • Duration: Two photo shoots, 30 minutes each.
  • Subject(s): You!
CHALLENGES
  • Step 1: {Contact Two Photogs} Find two local photographer or friend whose work you admire.
  • Step 2: {Photo Shoot} Observe how the other photographer works. Let go of control and let the other photographer lead the way.
  • Step 3: {Photographer Interview} Interview the photographer after the shoot. Write a list before the shoot.
  • Step 4: {Post-Photo Shoot Reflections} After the shoot, jot down the photographer's strengths and weaknesses, then write down how you'd change or modify your own process.
  • Step 5: {Repeat the Process} Repeat this process with a second photographer.
___________________________________________________

This is going to be HARD for me to comply. I am terrible in front of the camera. I fidget, I squirm and I smirk -- none of which look good on camera. Not to mention the fact that I am, ahem, a bit of a stubborn control-freak. I suppose that's exactly the point of the exercise, isn't it?

On the other hand, I'd love to see how other people work and learn from them. Alright, we'll see what if I am able to get through this exercise without breaking into hives :-)

No comments: