title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

13 May 2007

::happy mother's day::

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and mothers-to-be! Oh, and grandmas too, of course!

How has my experience been as a new mother? It has been even better than I ever expected. O brings so much joy and laughter to my life that the benefits far outweigh the poopy diapers (even the REALLY BIG ones!). No doubt, it has been a real adjustment for me. I've gone from designing and building a world-class rehabilitation center to reading "I Kissed the Baby!" and singing "Where is Thumbkin." I wouldn't trade it for the world. Once you've seen the unconditional love in your baby's eyes, it is all over.

Although, I have noticed babies are a lot like contractors. To get them to do something for you, you have to cajole them into thinking it is a good idea for both parties. And if nice talk doesn't get you the results you want, then a good smack upside the head always works. JUST KIDDING...DON'T CALL SOCIAL SERVICES. One major difference is that cursing like a sailor is an everyday occurrence during construction...can't really do that in front of a baby, I'm afraid.

Granted, it has been hard to stay fabulously glamorous. For a couple of months postpartum, I looked nothing like I used to. Actually, I take that back, I looked A LOT like how I looked in architectural school, plus a few pounds. Baggy eyes, stained t-shirts, stringy hair...wow, it was rough. But now that O is sleeping better and we are able to get around more, I am attempting to retrieve some semblance of decorum. I find that by keeping myself presentable at all times, it not only makes me feel good, it makes my presence less scary to strangers. It might even keep architectdad around a little longer!

Anywho, it has been great this first time around, can't wait for the second!

1 comment:

Biggest Losers or Bust said...

honestly, cant imagine you not looking great even with the stringy hair. thanks for the honesty - keep it up!