title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

18 May 2007

::baby memories::

When I was pregnant with O, I told myself I am going to capture and record every little detail of her life in some form. Well, the reality is, once your baby is born, you'll have to really make an effort to take photos or videos, and collect momentos; otherwise, you'll never get around to it.

The first thing I would suggest is to take chronological photos of your baby from month one through twelve. Between architectdad's trigger-happy finger and Grandpa R's new camera, we've managed to capture every month of O's life so far in digital form. Many baby stores sell "first year" photo frames, which makes displaying those first year memories a breeze. Oh yeah...and Dads (or coaches): if you still have your wits about you after your baby is born, try to take a picture of the clock in the delivery room during the first minute of his/her life.

The second thing I would suggest is to buy a digital camcorder. Video captures so much more of your baby's personality than a still photo--if you are an amature like me. You could either string a series of clips together and produce a streaming video, or you could burn the series onto a DVD and send it to your family and friends.

The third thing I would suggest is to buy an archival quality "memories book." I bought the Binth Baby Book for recording O's first years of life. Each hardcover book is handcrafted and silkscreened on recycled white paper. The modern woodland motifs gives this book an edge over the conventional cutesie baby books. You can paste photos and write down milestones in the book; there is even pages for the family tree. The book comes with its own cotton cloth covered keepsake box, which allows you to keep momentos--such as hospital ID bracelets--with the photos and written words. It is a little expensive, at $110.00 each. However, I feel it is a great way to keep track of the important events in your baby's life.