title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

02 May 2007

::just MHO::

In longhand, it means 'just my humble opinion.' Whenever I see those letters pop up in emails, lists or blogs, I cringe. Those letters are usually preceded by some really opinionated, sometimes offensive, comment resembling a 'granola' manifesto. If your lifestyle or ideals do not match theirs, then you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. I say, pack away your stinky crocs and give other people some room to breath.

For instance, a lot of first-time moms are convinced into thinking a natural birth is the only way to go, myself included. However, after taking a few birthing classes with a supposed doula, I decided that whatever happens, happens. If you are able to take the pain and push the babe out by yourself...brava. If you cannot manage the pain without some meds, that's okay too. If you have to have an unplanned c-section (like I did), don't freak out. It will be fine. It doesn't make you less of a mother. It is just a different experience. The MOST important thing is that your baby is healthy and strong for the rest of her life.

The other touchy subject with granola moms is breastfeeding. I breastfed for 2 months before O decided that the bottle is easier. I enjoyed doing it while it lasted; but O is thriving on formula, and we have a very strong bond. If you are able to breastfeed for a while, that is wonderful. But if you are unable to breastfeed for as long as you'd like, or at all, don't sweat it. Formula is equally nutritious, and it'll most likely help your baby sleep through the night earlier.

AND...granola moms and dads might think the premise of this blog is frivolous...oh well! Different strokes for different folks! I could talk about baby-wearing and homemade organic baby food recipes all day...but would I want to??? Tssss...

Just MHO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see that the hormones are returning to normal. brava!

Leslie C said...

You know it...Even fabulously glamorous moms have to vent sometimes! Tsssssss.......