title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

20 May 2007

::look ma, i'm sitting::

Since O is now awake most of the day, I do everything I can to keep her entertained. I take her out with me to Starbucks everyday and if she is good, she'll let me drink my caramel frappucino and post to the blog. If she is antsy, we end up walking all over the neighborhood. I'd say I walk at least 2 miles a day on average.

When we are at home together, O makes it hard for me to do any type of housework. No, seriously, it's not because I hate vacuuming. I have to constantly move her around from station to station so she doesn't become bored: the crib, to the playmat, to the stroller, to the bouncer, and back to the crib...

Architectdad and I went to the baby super store today for some infant formula. On the way to the register, we saw this "thing" and both of us lit up. It is called the Bumbo Baby Sitter. It is a baby seat that is molded from one piece of environmentally friendly, non-toxic polyurethane. Apparently, one can place the baby in the seat when the she is strong enough to hold her head up (as early as 8 weeks, they claim). It not only holds her upright safely in place, it is also designed to strengthen her upper torso and prepare her for sitting by herself. It is endorsed by pediatricians and orthopedists. In fact, the way the seat supports O's body is exactly what her doctor instructed us to do with our hands. Of course, tummy time will still be an important and necessary activity.

As soon as I got home, I ripped open the box and plopped O in the seat. I turned on Blue's Clues and off she went. She not only seemed incredibly comfortable, she is delighted to be able to sit upright by herself. Squeals and smiles for about 30 minutes, then it was off to another station. Sigh...

No comments: