title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

31 May 2007

::more grown-up reading::

We finally were able to let go, and move O from our room to her crib in the nursery. Architectdad was a little apprehensive, but it had to be done. She was getting too big for her bassinet and her "jumping" around in the middle of the night was keeping me up. Since most of her bedtime routine before the move happened in the nursery anyway, it was a pretty smooth transition for her. All in all, it has worked out well.

The big plus for me, of course, is that I can read a book before I go to bed again! During one of our daily trips to Starbucks, O and I picked out a book from Kramer's for mommy called "Absurdistan" by Gary Shteyngart. It is an extremely well-written socio-political satire about "the new Russian oligarchy, as well as the American lifestyle and the two countries' shared megalomania, consumerism and appetite for exploiting small countries." (Washington Post). The fictional story is absurd (as its title suggests) and funny, but it is also extremely thoughtful and tragic.

As an avid non-fiction reader (mostly science-related geeky stuff), I am glad to have found this book. A change of scenery is never bad!

No comments: