title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

28 July 2007

::parentus ergo chiropainus::

Your motto, pre-parenting: Cogito ergo sum. “I think, therefore I am.”
Your motto, now: Parentus ergo chiropainus. “I parent, therefore my back really hurts."
--Daily Candy

There is nothing truer than that. If you think the last month of pregnancy was killer on your back, just wait until you have to sling a 20+pounder on your body because the Bugaboo is too cumbersome to bring on the subway. Yes, I take the subway. Sometimes.

Last week, I put O in the Kate Spade carrier so that my hands are free to carry dog food home. The experience was pretty excruciating. One day she is light as a feather, the next she is as heavy as a concrete block. V said she bought an Ergo baby carrier for M*x, so I thought I'd give it a try as well. I've seen a lot of moms and dads use it, and I've heard a lot of moms and dads rave about it.

It is absolutely wonderful. It is really comfortable on me and O is snug as a bug in a rug in it. I carried her around for five minutes this morning and she immediately fell asleep. You have the option to carry your baby in three different positions (front, back, hip), whichever is most comfortable. It is even equipped with a privacy hood which is perfect for nursing. You can even cradle carry newborns in the Ergo, provided you add the Ergo padded infant insert. Ultimately, the feature that sets it apart from other baby carriers is the padded hip strap.

The creator, Karin Frost, originally designed the carrier for her son because she believes baby-wearing is an important part of the Continuum Concept. The Ergo allows you to go about your daily business/chores while carrying your child around with you. Comfortably. Up to 40 lbs. Although, I don't think O will be riding on my back until she's 40 lbs. That's just plain goofy!

No comments: