title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

12 July 2007

::vice versa troubles::

I have been having trouble with my Vice Versa baby products. I LOVE the baby milk bottles, especially the cow design, but the graphics on the bottles rub off very easily. I've had to buy a few more just to replace the ones that are scratched. At first, I thought architectdad was washing them too vigorously (!), but I now believe the problem is simply a design flaw.

Also, the fish face bowl also retains water between it's two polycarb layers. I wrote to Pacifier asking them for advice to solve this problem. Wing directed my inquiry to the Vice Versa rep, who in turn wrote back saying she is willing to replace the bowls. According to her, I am the only one who's ever had this problem though. Highly unlikely, since I have three of these bowls and all of them are waterlogged. The matching spoons also have the same problem.

I still love the VV design aesthetic, but the products also have to function properly. Wouldn't you say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've also found that rubber part of the spoons stains very easily from baby food, particularly sweet potatoes and carrots.

Aren't these things tested before being put on the baby market?

Anonymous said...

that is what happens when you have italian design executed in china ...by a guy who wants to create an Alessi legacy of his own. he missed the boat that Alessi is what it is because of integrity. i am going to break down and buy that kid the driade set - japanese design executed in italy. now that is a partnership.