title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

10 April 2007

::alright, now for the beagles::

I'll have to admit, ever since O was born, the beagles have taken a back seat. Although, as a good friend reminded me, they're probably pretty happy that mom is home with them all the time; not to mention daily mid-day walks with mom and O. I'll tell you how I do that another day.

Before I became obsessed with modern, well-designed baby gear, I concentrated my energy on modern, well-designed doggie gear. My best friend, M, introduced me to
Wagwear years ago, and it has been my favorite doggie gear vendor ever since. The company was founded by a former fashion model, Amy, who has a modern and elegant sense of style. The materials and designs used by Wagwear are both classic and innovative at the same time.

My favorite--the suede shearling collar and leash set--looks adorable on the hounds and the shearling-lined leash handle is incredibly comfortable in our hands. We've had the sets for a few years now, but we still keep bring them out every winter. The beagles also each have the two-tone merino wool sweater, as well as the reflected all weather raincoat (with removable quilted lining). In the summer, the hounds (beagles are hounds, not dogs, as I was reminded years ago by a beagler) wear the canvas reflective collar and lead...very preppy.

I guess the only drawback to Wagwear is the price point. Many people cannot imagine spending $68 on a shearling-lined suede leash. But think about it this way: you are paying not only for the design, but also for quality and longevity.

Wagwear has finally opened its first store on 48 East 11th Street in Manhattan. Between cool baby stores and cool doggie stores, we'll have plenty of things to do the next time we're in NYC. Sorry architectdad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree - and think the best thing about the line is that it is not overdesigned. They know when to stop. And if it's cool now, it will be cool ten years from now. It's not trendy - the pieces are original and classic.