title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

16 April 2007

::organic cotton...is it worth the price::

To be honest, I don't actually believe clothes made from organic cotton are better than those from regular cotton. Unless your child is super allergic to EVERYTHING, the likelihood of a negative reaction from "processed" cotton is pretty slim. However, I think organic cotton clothes might be softer--especially the natural, undyed material.

With that being said, I LOVE the clothes from Kate Quinn Organics! The designs are classically modern without being old fashioned. The color combinations on the trimmed onesies are superb. Since the base material is organic cotton, the dyed colors are muted rather than ostentatious. My favorite piece from KQO is the top-stitched, spaghetti strap shirt/dress (see right). Paired with the straight-legged pants or top-stitched gaucho pants--with the bolero jacket on top--the ensemble is unbelievably...dare I say...cute.

I have ordered directly from the KQO website and the experience was good and bad. I placed two orders within two days of each other. The second order went out to a relative in Houston without a hitch. They sent the package via USPS Priority Mail and a tracking number was sent to my e-mail; it arrived in a couple of days. The first order, which was for O, arrived two weeks later. I kept calling them asking for a confirmation or tracking number. While they were super friendly, no one seemed to know what had happened to my order. Finally, they sent the package AGAIN and it arrived three days later. Also, most online merchants will not charge you until the merchandise has shipped; KQO charged my card as soon as the orders were placed.

In the end, I would buy from them again. These hiccups do happen once in a while with online merchants, but it was worth the wait.

Another popular organic cotton brand is Under the Nile. The color selections are not great, but the natural, footed onesies are perfect for the colder months.

No comments: