title

:: me! ::

My photo
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Family. Friends. Hounds. Books. The Beach. Autumn. Cameras. Computer. iPhone. The color orange. Caramel frappucino. The words "dude!" and "nice!". Oh...and world peace ;-)

follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Labels

babies (16) family (32) kids (113) newborn (8) pets (5) Project Life 365 (165) promotions (22) Tips and Tricks (20)

pin it

11 April 2007

::here comes the crazy lady with the baby and three dogs::

That's probably what people say when they see me out with O and the three beagles. Actually, it's not such a difficult task as long as you have the right equipment and attitude.

To accomplish this, you need the following gear:
  1. Baby carrier--any kind will work; I normally use the Kate Spade front carrier for this purpose because O is securely fastened to my body in case I have to pick up dog poop.
  2. Halti no-pull collar--the gentle leader also works; as anyone who has a beagle knows, they PULL...big time. So in the event of a squirrel (or rat!) sighting, I use the Halti to keep the hounds from pulling me and O to the ground.
  3. Four-foot leash--depending on the size of your dog(s), you will need a leash length that will keep the dogs close to you. However, if you have just one dog, an extendable leash also works.
  4. Poop bags--just make sure they are easily accessible, because you DO NOT want to fumble around for them when the time comes.
  5. A good attitude--you must keep a positive attitude, and not see this as a chore; rather, this is a chance for everyone to get out and socialize.

Spring is here...so go out and have some fun!

No comments: